Re: Status of IPA patch?

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: Status of IPA patch?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:47:19 +0100

 Ar an t-ochtú lá is fiche de mí Lúnasa, scríobh Juri Linkov:

 > > My attempt to send this to emacs-pretest-bug earlier this month
 > > silently failed; maybe I’ll have more luck with emacs-devel, though in
 > > theory they’re the same list.
 >
 > I don't know why your patch wasn't accepted. Maybe you have no legal
 > papers, or it's because you need to split it to two steps where the first
 > step is the conversion to utf-8. Also since all input methods in Emacs
 > are grouped by their name prefix, the names of new IPA input methods
 > should be "ipa-kirshenbaum" and "ipa-x-sampa".

To make completion harder?

I’ve signed papers assigning all my Emacs work to GNU; twice, in fact.
http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden and
http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden for the two
relevant timeframes. If the two-steps thing was an issue, no-one actually
said that, Stefan just asked for clarification about what I was doing.

Oleksandr, I’m not going to do any more work to get this patch integrated
into a program I don’t use and have no interest in using; I’ve put notable
time and thought over more than two years into it, and this is enough for
me. If you would like to have it integrated into GNU Emacs, please follow up
on this list and with Jurta; it probably won’t be necessary for you to do
any coding and as such, to send assignment papers to the FSF, just
shepherding the patch should be enough.

--
¿Dónde estará ahora mi sobrino Yoghurtu Nghe, que tuvo que huir
precipitadamente de la aldea por culpa de la escasez de rinocerontes?