Re: rename-file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: rename-file
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:46:34 -0400

    > Given the existence of the command `rename-buffer',
    > this name will cause confusion.

    please suggest a better name.

I can't suggest one, since I am not sure what this function really
does.

    > Does it rename the buffer, or does it just set the visited file name?
    > The code seems to do the latter.  If so, the doc string is inaccurate.

    doc string says:

    rename the _BUFFER_ and the _FILE_.
    it renames the file and keeps the buffer associated with it.

Then the code could use some more comments.  Where does the buffer
name get changed?