Re: new Emacs HELLO file??

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: new Emacs HELLO file??
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 01:43:17 +0300

> FYI: I've also collected the followings, but I thought putting all of
> them would make the file too much Latin-script centric, too much
> difficult for verification.

Omitting part of languages might cause some Emacs users to think that
we consider their languages insignificant.  OTOH, adding more languages =
more loyal Emacs users.  I mean the following reasoning of a novice
looking at the HELLO file: "Emacs supports my language - good! I'll use it."

If it is difficult to verify a group of scripts, we could group
languages by Unicode script names ordered by Unicode ranges like in
http://www.unicode.org/charts/  You can use language-script mapping in
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/charts/supplemental/languages_and_scripts.html

--
Juri Linkov