Re: Elusive assertion failure related to completion

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Elusive assertion failure related to completion
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:35:59 +0200

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:59, David Kastrup<address@hidden> wrote:

> Concerning "at that point", let me quote from DEBUG:
>
> ** When you are trying to analyze failed assertions, it will be
> essential to compile Emacs either completely without optimizations or
> at least (when using GCC) with the -fno-crossjumping option.  Failure
> to do so may make the compiler recycle the same abort call for all
> assertions in a given function, rendering the stack backtrace useless
> for identifying the specific failed assertion.

Let me quote you from the Emacs binary used to report the error that
started this thread:

system-configuration-options is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is
"--with-gcc (4.3) --no-opt --cflags -DENABLE_CHECKING=1
-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=200000 -DXASSERTS=1 -IC:/emacs/build/include
-fno-crossjumping"

    Juanma