Re: build broken: no defun org-float-time. Who's guilty, and what does

From: joakim
Subject: Re: build broken: no defun org-float-time. Who's guilty, and what does he propose?
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:52:53 +0200

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Emacs,
>
> I've just cvs updated, and the build breaks with:
>
>   org/org-ascii.el:29:1:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
> org-float-time
>
> Could the person who's responsible please fix this.
>
> Here we go again.  The endless tread mill of the broken build.  It feels
> like being spat at.  Sorry to be so "unhelpful", but I've got no desire
> or energy to keep debugging broken builds, or to keep "try make
> bootstrap"ing.  I'm going through a very bad patch in my personal life,
> and I just don't have the energy any more, and I'm not prepared to do it.
>
> "cvs update" followed by "make" MUST WORK NEARLY ALL THE TIME.
> Alternatively "bzr update", "make" working nearly all the time would be
> OK.
>
> This is a serious process bug we have, we've had for years, and we MUST
> fix.  If it's not fixed soon, I'm just going to give up on Emacs
> maintenance and bid the project goodbye.  The pain level is too high.

I've been interested in setting up an automatic build test environment
for Emacs for some time. It would basically checkout the emacs sources
on every checkin, build the sources and report the build
quality(probably with some existing continuous integration software).

I would also store a TB or something of past builds.

Would that be of any help to you?

--
Joakim Verona