Re: build broken: no defun org-float-time. Who's guilty, and what does

From: joakim
Subject: Re: build broken: no defun org-float-time. Who's guilty, and what does he propose?
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:37:19 +0200

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've been interested in setting up an automatic build test environment
>> for Emacs for some time. It would basically checkout the emacs sources
>> on every checkin, build the sources and report the build
>> quality(probably with some existing continuous integration software).
>
> Please set it up.
>
> Would this test build also run unit tests for Emacs?

I dont think we have any unit tests in the codebase right?
If we do I would expect them to run during the build.

Heres some issues I see:

- I have lots of disk but just ADSL uprate. Should be enough if you just
want to quickly see the build quality history. Possibly not quite enough
if you want to bisect some bug by downloading pre-made binaries and test
them.

- I dont really know how to trigger builds from cvs checkins. I guess I
will have to poll now and then.

I'm mostly familiar with Java based continuous integration tools, where
you normaly get a lot of features like these out of the box.

--
Joakim Verona