Re: Gnus and No Gnus

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Gnus and No Gnus
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:15:29 +0900

Glenn Morris writes:

 > I'm not suggesting this as a solution to this issue, but does the very
 > latest Gnus really need to run on 3 major versions of Emacs?

Polls of corporate Emacs users (the last one I've seen was about
October 2007) showed that about 1% use Emacs 18, about 10% use Emacs
19 or Lucid 19, about 20% using Emacs 20 or XEmacs 20.  I forget what
current Emacs was at that time, but by extrapolating I suspect there
are indeed a lot of people still using Emacs 21 out there today.

I can look up the details if you like, but it's disappeared from
my "current XEmacs" folder so I'm working from memory.