Re: CEDET merge question

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: CEDET merge question
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:41:06 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> Emacs hackers would still need easy access to these tools. Maybe this is
> a further case for including something like Tom Tromeys ELPA in Emacs?

Eric's still going to develop CEDET in his repository, so if you'll be
hacking on CEDET, I think you should use the version of CEDET he has
installed, instead of the version that will eventually be bundled with
Emacs.

This is a practical matter: since CEDET is such a large and complicated
package, we shouldn't make changes directly to our copy of it, apart
from those that are necessary to adapt it to Emacs' conventions and
build system (which is what I've been working on).  Instead, changes
should be applied first to Eric's repository, then merged back into our
tree.