Re: CEDET merge question

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CEDET merge question
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 22:37:45 +0900

"Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden> writes:
> As others have pointed out, there are newer parser technologies
> available too such as PEG.  How much of that is fad vs fabulous, I don't
> really know.

It's only anecdotal, but my experience with Lpeg is that it's a lot more
convenient and approachable than olde-style stuff like bison/flex, and
not obviously any less powerful.

In any case, it seems clear that some thought should be given before
putting any significant effort into bison/flex.

-Miles

--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.