Re: Patch to replace some cpp with autoconf

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Patch to replace some cpp with autoconf
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:56:57 -0400

>> Any reason this has not been checked in yet?
> This mail from Stefan was an implicit rejection of it for Emacs 23.2,
> which seems fair enough:

Well, not a rejection: I welcome this patch very warmly, just "not now".
:-(

Seeing how git.sv.gnu.org cannot provide write access via the
git-cvsserver (for various reasons), and how Eli doesn't want to use Git
to develop the Emacs-24 branch (where his bidi code would be one of the
important changes), I'm not sure how to move forward right now.
I really (really) wish we could switch to Bzr real soon now.

        Stefan