Re: Bazaar

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Bazaar
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:04:51 -0400

>> Would it make much of a difference if we omit some of those old CVS
>> branches from the conversion (if that's even possible)?  I presume no
>> one is going to go rooting around the "amigados-merge" branch from 1996.

No it would make almost no difference.

> This is not a branch, but a tag.  A properly converted repository would
> only have 40 branches.

We can and should move the bzr branches that do not correspond to a CVS
branch to a subdirectory, so as to clean up the name space.  But this
repository is just for testing, so there's no point wasting time on this
(tho feel free to try it, so to get a feel for how it would work).

>> Even things like the rmail-mbox branch and the emacs-unicode branch
>> could probably be discarded.
> I don't agree.  We should not carelessly discard history.

Agreed, unless there's a good reason for it.
Saving a tiny portion of a large disk space doesn't seem like
a good reason.

        Stefan