Re: indirect threading for bytecode interpreter

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: indirect threading for bytecode interpreter
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:59:12 -0600

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan>    # define OPLABL(X)   [X] = &&lbl_ ##X
Stefan> to initialize the table, making sure that it's initialized correctly
Stefan> (no need for your sanity checks).

Yeah, I considered that but then forgot that all this was gcc-specific
and rejected it due to a mistaken concern for portability.  Oops.

I will implement this.

Stefan> Yes, and it could bring yet more optimization tricks, for free.

Yeah.  I was also wondering about GNU lightning or one of the other jit
libraries.  But that is a whole other big project.

Stefan> Actually, IIRC Anton Ertl (vmgen's author) has some articles which
[...]

Delightful exposition, thanks.
Clearly I am behind on my Ertl reading.

Tom