Re: Not loading the Registry settings

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Not loading the Registry settings
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 08:50:10 -0400

David De La Harpe Golden <address@hidden> writes:

> Juanma Barranquero wrote:
>> I'd like to have a way to start Emacs with "emacs -Q" and have it not
>> to load the values from the Windows registry.
>>
>> Adding a new command line option is easy, but I'm looking for the
>> best, non-Windows-specific way. How it's Emacs currently forced to
>> ignore X settings?
>>

> If you mean X resource database settings, I suspect they are always
> used unless you go all the way and -nw

FWIW, under OS X the user consensus was that the semantics of -q/Q implied
that user customizations should not be loaded even if they come from the
resource database instead of .emacs.  Thus, there is the "ns_no_defaults"
hack in emacs.c.  It would be easier to do this cleanly if other platforms
choose to implement it as well.