Re: Semantic parser uses c-forward-conditional

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Semantic parser uses c-forward-conditional
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:24:32 +0000

Hi, Richard and Eric!

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 02:30:18AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     I'm not very keen on that, but how about this instead: a new defun
>     c-forward-conditional-1 which does the same, except it doesn't push a
>     mark, doesn't throw errors like "No following conditional at this
>     level", and returns the final point, or nil?

> Since that would be meant as a command for other programs to use,
> and not merely a subroutine, it would be better to give it a name
> that fits.

Um, well, thanks for the suggestion.  ;-)

How about `c-scan-conditionals', since the function does the same as
scan-lists, more or less?  Actually, more, since it moves point to the
end position, unlike scan-lists.  Maybe the new c-scan-conditionals
shouldn't move point?

Eric, what do you think?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).