Re: CEDET merge

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:55:41 -0400

Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

> Was this renaming of files really necessary? It breaks backwards
> compatibility and imposes additional work on package authors and
> distros.

No one suggested any other solution to the filename problem.

Maybe we could get around this by adding a `cedet-compat' package that
loads everything everything in CEDET and provides all the old CEDET
feature names; then loading this file will provide everything a
third-party package needs to compile.