Re: CEDET merge

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:23:52 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:25:48 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I see warnings about shadowing libraries, after bootstrapping:
> >
> >   This site has duplicate Lisp libraries with the same name.
> >   If a locally-installed Lisp library overrides a library in the Emacs
> > release,
> >   that can cause trouble, and you should probably remove the
> > locally-installed
> >   version unless you know what you are doing.
>
> That's strange.  Does your load path include lisp/cedet/semantic after
> bootstrapping

Yes, it includes cedet, cedet/semantic, cedet/semantic/wisent,
cedet/semantic/symref, cedet/semantic/decorate, cedet/semantic/bovine,
and cedet/semantic/analyze

> and if so is there a subdirs.el in lisp/cedet for some
> reason?

Yes, there is.  It says this:

    (normal-top-level-add-to-load-path '("semantic" ))

There's also subdirs.el in cedet/semantic.

> It should not be there; I made a change in Makefile.in
> specifically to prevent subdirs.el from being created in that directory.

What change you made, and in what Makefile.in?

All I can say is that I ran `confugure' and `make -j6 bootstrap'.  And
I have the Bash history to prove that.

[Time passes...]  Ah, I think I see the problem: this subdirs.el is
very old, from 2 weeks ago.  I think it was created when you added the
directories in the CEDET branch, at which time they appeared (as
empty) on HEAD as well, and then make-subdirs created the file.  If I
delete that file, the problem is gone.

So maybe "make bootstrap" should delete all subdirs.el, as cleanup.