Re: advice needed for multi-threading patch

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: advice needed for multi-threading patch
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:07:00 -0400

On Sep 28, 2009, at 23:33, Tom Tromey wrote:
It is worth noting that we don't have to solve all the problems up
front.  Since threading is a new feature, I think it is ok to say that
code running in a "secondary" thread might have to follow some special
rules, or that some things (e.g., let-binding something then redisplay) may only work in the "main" thread. These restrictions could then maybe
be lifted later.

True. And as long as it's not yet folded into an Emacs release, we can also alter behavior, impose new restrictions, etc., as it gets exercised and we learn better about compatibility issues we might've overlooked.

Ken