Re: CEDET merge

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:38:07 -0700

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I didn't include working.el (and fame.el, which is only there for
> working.el) because I couldn't work out what advantage it brought over
> the built-in progress reporter, which is a couple of hundred lines in
> subr.el, already documented in the manual, and works fine.

The reason Rudel uses the CEDET one vs the built-in Emacs one is that it
needs a way to indicate that something is happening without knowing the
overall percentage of the task that is actually complete. I believe this
is commonly known as "pulsing" or a "spinner".

We could probably implement this as an addition to the built-in progress
reporter in subr.el; would this be a welcome feature?

-Phil