called-interactively-p

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: called-interactively-p
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:15:39 -0400

Following the discussion we had here around interactive-p and
called-interactively-p, I've just installed the following changes:
- called-interactively-p takes a parameter `kind' which can be
  either `interactive' or `any', the first corresponds to what
  interactive-p used to do and the second to what called-interactively-p
  used to do.
  The function still works if called without any argument, but the
  byte-compiler will complain about the missing argument (it's the best
  trade-off I could come up between breaking compatibility and
  enouraging people to pass as argument).
- interactive-p is marked obsolete.  This is not quite as simple as it
  sounds, because interactive-p has its own byte-code.  So we'll have to
  improve our "obsolescence" infrastructure if we want to handle this
  right.  For now, all the "make-obsolete" does in the end is to make
  C-h f tell you the function is obsolete, which seems good enough for
  now, especially given the 300 or so calls to interactive-p we still
  have in our own code.

-- Stefan