Re: Changes in lisp/Makefile.in to skip preloaded files

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Changes in lisp/Makefile.in to skip preloaded files
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:00:44 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> If it was important enough to do for Posix platforms, it is important
> enough for all platforms, IMO.

"non-Posix" platforms supported by Emacs == Windows?

I have locally implemented your 'echo' idea. I haven't installed it
because it might break the Windows build, if it can't handle the long
command line. (What is the length limit?)

It might also break some non-Windows builds, since the `echolisp'
output includes the expanded version of $lispsource. Therefore it is
much longer than the output of the current sed command (which was even
shorter than $shortlisp, since it omitted the "../lisp" part).

($shortlisp and $SOME_MACHINE_LISP are not acceptable replacements in
this case, since they lose the platform-specific information. I wish
someone had written down exactly which systems needed shortlisp,
because I have no idea if they remain revelant.)

Anyway, what was the solution that you had in mind for this?