Re: 64-bit compilation and printfs

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: 64-bit compilation and printfs
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:40:06 -0700 (PDT)

Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:

  > In the course of getting the NS port compiling in 64-bit mode, some
  > other developers and myself discovered some format - arg mismatches in
  > printfs.  XINT and XUINT return EMACS_INT which can be a long under
  > LP64.  I'd like to replace places that use %d in the code with %ld,
  > and cast the argument to (long) to avoid issues in 32-bit mode.  This
  > has been checked in for the NS port; the patch attached here does this
  > in common code.  Does anyone think this should be done differently?

It looks like this the 64-bit mode uses the 32-bit configuration file.
>From configure.in:

  ## Apple Darwin / Mac OS X
  *-apple-darwin* )
    case "${canonical}" in
      i[3456]86-* )  machine=intel386 ;;
      powerpc-* )    machine=macppc ;;
      * )            unported=yes ;;
    esac

there should be an:
      x86_64-* )       machine=amdx86-64 ;;
in that "case".

that will allow to remove this from emacs/src/s/intel386.h:

#if defined (DARWIN_OS)
#ifdef _LP64
/* For Intel Mac, with CC='gcc -arch x86_64'.  */
#define NO_ARG_ARRAY
#endif
#endif

there shouldn't be any _LP64 checks in that file.