Re: nterm a vt100 emulator

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: nterm a vt100 emulator
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:21:24 -0700 (PDT)

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

  > Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> writes:
  > > This a vt100 emulator for emacs. It has a lot of rough edges. As it
  > > stands it passes the first 3 tests of vttest. I have another project
  > > coming up so I won't be able to work on nterm for a while.
  > >
  > > http://kanis.fr/nterm.html
  >
  > We've already got two different terminal emulators in Emacs (with
  > completely separate code bases); do we really want a third...?

IMO a third one could be considered as a replacement for term.el (never
seen terminal.el).   But only if it's actively maintained.

term.el is not very maintainable, some bugs are quite hard to fix.

Also nterm.el seems to be trying to emulate vt100.  Nowadays all
terminal emulators try to emulate xterm, which is the de facto standard...