Re: Starting multiple async processes from inside dired using &

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Starting multiple async processes from inside dired using &
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:36:25 -0400

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> IMO, the right thing would be to create another *Async Shell Command*
> buffer, uniquified with the executed command and its pid or something
> like that.
>
> Am I missing something obvious, because it looks to me like some quite
> normal dired use case?

The only problem I can see is that these buffers will proliferate if you
execute lots of async commands over the course of a session.  So instead
of uniquifying, the code first needs to search for an *Async Shell
Command XXX* buffer containing a dead process, and only uniquify if no
such buffer exists.