Re: Starting multiple async processes from inside dired using &

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Starting multiple async processes from inside dired using &
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 03:18:52 +0300

>> It seems the best option is to search and revive an existing buffer,
>> but there is another problem: the user might want to keep the output
>> of an old *Async Shell Command*<N> buffer and not overwrite it with
>> the output of another process.
>
> If only dead buffers are automatically recycled, where is the problem?

Actually I meant buffers with a dead process, not simply dead buffers.

> For non-dead old *Async Shell Command*<N> buffers, let the user clean house on
> demand, using a command that shows the names of the buffers and lets you
> delete
> them selectively (or all at once).

Such a command to clean buffers already exists:
`M-x kill-matching-buffers RET Async Shell RET'

But it would be better to try not to create too much
garbage buffers in the first place than requiring
from the user to clean them up.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/