Re: Breakpoint ignored.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Breakpoint ignored.
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 02:59:40 +0200

>     > I've removed the optimization here, and can't tell the difference even
>     > on my 400MHz cell phone.
>
>     Tho I imagine it's hard to type very quickly on a cell phone!
>     (at least compared to the speed of typing with a real keyboard)
>
> If Emacs has no trouble handling typing at real typing speed
> then it is working fast enough.

I beg to differ.  A few hours ago I put a score book up on my laptop
(because my music stand is missing in action).  Half an hour later, I
found that it had pressed a key with auto repeat, with the cursor in
Firefox' location bar.  Now 15 characters per second for half an hour
without a newline is not "real typing speed".  Nevertheless, it was
completely annoying that Firefox was thrashing so hopelessly that after
a few minutes of trying to erase that long line in the location bar (C-a
DEL should have done the trick) I had to kill and restart Firefox.

I think that any tool with text entry should stand up to this sort of
abuse.

--
David Kastrup