Re: nterm a vt100 emulator

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: nterm a vt100 emulator
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:37:50 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I can't comment on terminal, I haven't used it.
>
> Neither have I.  Has someone used it?  Should we move it to `lisp/obsolete'?

I vaguely recall that the last time I complained about the duplication
on this list, there was some objection to doing so, but I don't recall
the reason.  Per's README certainly makes it sound like term.el is
(functionally) a superset...

The different emulators have different methods of allowing emacs escape
sequences to be entered while still trying to send raw keys to the
process; maybe that was it?

-Miles

--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products