Re: Completions in Semantic

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Completions in Semantic
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:07:47 -0400

"Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 23:50 -0400, Eric M. Ludlam wrote:
>> For your particular example in xdisp.c, it seems the contents of
>> xdisp.c fails to parse properly.  It seems to be related to the P_
>> macro, and one of the uses of it involving a line-end in the middle.
>> I've narrowed it down and will see if I can fix it.
>
> To reply to myself, I checked changes into the CEDET repository for the
> C preprocessor handling to fix the bug found here in xdisp.
>
> By way of side effect, the completion problem originally posed is also
> fixed, as there is no "window" symbol in the file anymore.

I've merged your changes into the Emacs repository:

  * cedet/semantic/bovine/c.el (semantic-c-debug-mode-init)
  (semantic-c-debug-mode-init-pch): New functions.
  (semantic-c-debug-mode-init-last-mode): New var.
  (semantic-c-parse-lexical-token): Use them.

  * cedet/semantic/lex-spp.el (semantic-lex-spp-anlyzer-do-replace):
  When extracting the argument list, limit only by point-max.

I assume it's the lex-spp change you're referring to.  However, the bug
has not gone away for me: `C-c , j window [TAB]' in xdisp.c still brings
up "window" as the only completion.