Re: code coverage mode?

From: m h
Subject: Re: code coverage mode?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:17:15 -0600

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> I like the flymake style, yet I still want to really use flymake for
>> how it was intended.  (Plus I don't want to be re-running coverage
> [...]
>> by any means, I'm hacking stuff together here.  But if this were
>> python then I'd create a subclass of flymake and use that for
>> coverage, while still using the former for its normal use (syntax
>> checking).
>
> So, IIUC you'd like to be able to use flymake in two different ways at
> the same time in the same buffer?  It's probably not too difficult to
> do, but will require changing flymake for that.

Yes I want normal flymake, then for code coverage I (think I) want to
turn on coverage-mode which will analyze the coverage data and if the
data is fresher than the file, show the coverage data as well.  Then
when one starts typing some new code (or a new line at least), disable
coverage data because it's stale.  This might seem weird but the
workflow I'm trying to get is working on a particular function,
analyze the coverage for it, and add tests to get full coverage.  My
helper utility provides me the ability to only run tests for that
function rather than a whole suite, so I imagine I'd want a macro to
run coverage-for-function.

> Patches welcome,

yes, they are ;)