Re: Completions in Semantic

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: Completions in Semantic
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:28:23 -0400

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 21:01 -0400, Chong Yidong wrote:
> "Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> has not gone away for me: `C-c , j window [TAB]' in xdisp.c still brings
> >> up "window" as the only completion.
> >
> > That is probably because the old tagging information is still being
> > used.  If you run
> >
> > M-x semantic-clear-toplevel-cache RET
> >
> > in that buffer, it will flush old parsing data, or you can go into your
> > ~/.semanticdb/ directory, and delete the cache file for emacs/src before
> > starting emacs, which might be better since multiple files  there could
> > be affected.
>
> No, I have no semanticdb directory.  C-c,j[TAB] brings up "window" as
> the only completion.  Repeating [TAB] twice brings up the other
> completions.  But the expected behavior should be to show the other
> completions on the first [TAB].

Well, I know the behavior you are talking about, but I don't get that
specific example anymore after the lexical analyzer change you merged
recently, so my assumption is some sort of cached old parser data.

The below patch removes that specific behavior from that prompt.  I'm
assuming it is in there for some reason for one of the various
completion or display types.  I'll try to figure out what it is, and
perhaps it will be unique to some kind of completion display.

The patch is against my repository.  It's in
semantic-complete-do-completion, 3rd conditional.

Eric

*** semantic-complete.el.~1.63.~        2009-10-22 21:21:12.000000000 -0400
--- semantic-complete.el        2009-10-22 21:21:21.000000000 -0400
*** 528,535 ****
        (semantic-displayor-set-completions
         displayor
         (or
!         (and (not (eq na 'displayend))
!              (semantic-collector-current-exact-match collector))
          (semantic-collector-all-completions collector contents))
         contents)
        ;; Ask the displayor to display them.