Re: persistent lisp objects

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: persistent lisp objects
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:33:29 +0100

> Drew Adams writes:
>
>  > print and read are no good for objects whose print form is not
>  > readable by the reader. That's the general problem (lack) in this
>  > regard.
>
> Some objects (frames, for example) *cannot* have a readable print form
> because they refer to objects that Emacs in principle cannot print
> (GUI windows, in the case of frames).  For objects that can but don't,
> the right thing to do is to file a bug against `print' and `read', not
> request that an obscure hack be sanctified.

I never request an obscure hack to be sanctified.
I just show a feature of an emacs lisp function that is part of emacs
and referenced in emacs manual.
We don't speak here about frames etc...
We speak of saving data (e.g hash-tables, list etc...)

And notice that an obscure hack can become a feature if people are more
positive.

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France