RE: Code for converting between Elisp and Calc floats

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: Code for converting between Elisp and Calc floats
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:38:32 +0100

> Actually my preference would be to keep the functionality you proposed
> (i.e. two functions (de)construct-float written in C), except force the
> base to be 65536 (i.e. 16bits per integer), and rewrite the C code to
> use standard functions like frexp, floor, isnan, and friends.

Then I need some fonction to map the list of words with non-always-16-bit width to a list of words with 16-bit width. I would do this in Lisp with some use of `lsh' and `+', so that the Lisp part of my contribution could still use the same interface.

Regards,
    Vincent.

Nouveau Windows 7 : Trouvez le PC qui vous convient. En savoir plus.