EDE regenerates autotools files to often

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: EDE regenerates autotools files to often
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:22:56 +0100

Hi *,

I finally got around[0] to switch back to bug reporting mode for
CEDET/EDE again as promised...

Here is the first (a minor) one:

It seems that EDE automake projects re-invoke autoreconf on every build
command (ede-compile-target, ede-compile-project, ede-make-dist).
This takes a serious amount of time.

I vaguely recall having seen code in CEDET which tried to avoid
superfluous steps during build but I haven't verified that it is
supposed to work for autoreconf...

cheers
sascha

[0] sometimes getting the flu has its advantages, too  :)
--
Sascha Wilde : "Der Nicht-Denkende glaubt, dass niemand denkt,
             : der Denkende weiss es!"