Re: EDE Automake: header files missing from distribution

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: EDE Automake: header files missing from distribution
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:16:45 +0100

Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]
>> now when I ede-make-dist the header file talk.h is missing from the
>> archive.
>
> FWIW, the same problem applies to pure ede make projects.

It seems that ede leaks the ability to make an important
differentiation: header files which are "private" to the source and
header files describing an public api, which are meant to be installed
in an system include directory.

Automake knows these types as include_HEADERS and noinst_HEADERS
variables.  The manual recommends to put headers not meant for
installation in an appropriate _SOURCE variable though.

So, besides `Source Files' and `Auxiliary Source Files' we need
something like `Public Header Files'.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde

A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.