nXML questions

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: nXML questions
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:59:13 -0500

Now that nXML is the default xml mode instead of the old sgml-mode, I am wondering it its manual could be brought up to date, e.g., answering the question which bothers me right now:

how do I tell nxml that I have a compound docbook document consisting of a few files included into the master file using system entities, when editing a component file? nxml does not recognize any of the entities, defined in the master file.

also, nxml seems to think that the <code> element and the language= attribute of the <programlisting> element are invalid. why?

also, it does not recognize <xi:include> elements. why?

thanks!

Sam.