Re: loaddefs and provide

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: loaddefs and provide
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 22:58:48 -0500

>> * calendar/calendar.el (cal-loaddefs):
>> * calendar/diary-lib.el (diary-loaddefs):
>> * calendar/holidays.el (hol-loaddefs):
>> * eshell/esh-module.el (esh-groups):
>> * mh/mh-e.el (mh-loaddefs): Load rather than require.

> The removal of the provide statement from autoload-rubric was
> undocumented (it's a separate issue from generated-autoload-feature).

> If it was unintentional, I would prefer to put this back to how it was.

I hesitated, but in the end, given the fact that we now use files whose
non-directory names may clash, I think that auto-generating feature
names from files is too risky and not worth the trouble (and
generated-autoload-feature is not a solution since it is not at the
right place, and actually there's no right place for it).

        Stefan