Re: emacs won't open files at startup from command line

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: emacs won't open files at startup from command line
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 23:06:28 -0700

Lennart Borgman wrote:
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM, J. David Boyd <address@hidden> wrote:
Found it!  I've been calling table.el for years, but somehow it must be
incompatible with emacs 23.1.1.  Took that out, works great.  Never used
the functionality in it anyway...

The file table.el is included in Emacs now.

This is not the first time I have seen quite interesting side effects
from using old versions of a file that has later been included in
Emacs. I think that some test should be made after startup for
potential such loadings. (This could be run conditionally after all
init files.)

`list-load-path-shadows' is what you want.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA