Re: Scrollbar thumbs

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Scrollbar thumbs
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:16:05 +0100

In any case, given how widespread the problem is, it's clear that we
can't expect the toolkit to adapt to Emacs.  And since nobody has found
a way yet to make Emacs DTRT, all we can do is provide various
workarounds, which is what we've done until now.  But what I suggest is
that instead of each toolkit backend providing its own workaround, we
should implement the workarounds in the generic code and even implement
several of them and let the user choose which one suits him best.

       Stefan

I guess it is a good idea. If you want to get rid of stuff, throw it all in one place, first.

Seen that nowadays the gui-dyslexics tend to become a more rare species and the generation simply tends to loose the ability to understand that a non-linear, moreover non-contiguous and even non-complementary geometrical relation between scrollbar and scrollable content can be anything else than an accumulation of design flaws.

--- grischka