Re: Emacs 23.2 plans

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.2 plans
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 03:33:58 -0800 (PST)

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

  > Stefan and I plan to begin the Emacs 23.2 pretest in the beginning of
  > December.  Accordingly, we will be imposing a freeze on new features
  > (i.e., anything that is not a bugfix) within the next few weeks.  The
  > target for Emacs 23.2 is March next year; as usual, the actual release
  > will depend on how pretesting goes.
  >
  > If you are planning to make any significant changes to the tree, please
  > let us know ASAP (i.e. now), so that we can plan/comment accordingly.

I have a few more patches that purecopy various things that are not
checked in yet (they just need a ChangeLog).

I would also like to get rid of the platforms that were obsoleted in
etc/NEWS in 23.1.  May I do that ASAP?

Also there are quite a few bugs in the bug tracker that are tagged with
"patch" (and some that are not, but still contain patches).  It would be
nice if some/most of those could be checked in.