HaikuOS Port

From: Alexander Botero-Lowry
Subject: HaikuOS Port
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 00:32:44 -0800

Hi everyone,

I've been slowly working on a port of emacs CVS to Haiku. With a bit of
help from an old xemacs port, I've been able to get a somewhat working
emacs build going. Dumping does not currently work since Haiku doesn't,
and as far as I gather will not, support sbrk(0). (Portable dumper would
be awesome ;)

I'm currently blocked during the byte-compilation phase becasue for some
reason emacs never finishes compiling lisp/cedet/srecode/cpp.el ; I'm
wondering if there is a way to disable the cedet part of the build? Or if
anyone has seen anything similar.. My next step on that will be to attach
gdb and see if I can get anything useful out of what's going on in there, if
no one has seen anything similar.

There are two things I'd like to start looking into:

1) what process do I need to go through to get these patches back into
emacs? They're mostly clean except a couple of things related to serial
port support that I need to look at doing more nicely (read: not breaking
build on every platform :)

2) I'm trying to figure out where to start with doing GUI frames..
Is it x-open-connection? It's really unclear to me what symbols I need
to export, and what elisp I need to implement to get a GUI mode, and I can't
seem to find any documentation on it, if anyone could give me a quick summary
of what needs to be implemented that would rock.

Please CC me as I'm off list.

TIA,
Alex