Re: find-file-read-args

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: find-file-read-args
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 02:57:09 +0200

>> The patch below implements this scheme, and additionally
>> includes an approved but not installed change proposed
>> by Drew in http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/74534
>> that allows `M-n' with `C-x C-f' to get the file at point
>> in Dired mode.
>
> Thanks for working this out.  Looking at the patch I wonder if the
> "file-at-point" feature shouldn't be implemented in read-file-name rather
> than in find-file.

I had the same doubts whether to do this in read-file-name or find-file
since read-file-name is too general.  But I'll try to move the
"file-at-point" feature to read-file-name and see how well it really
works with other file and directory reading functions.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/