Re: dump (temacs) fails, core in alloc.c

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: dump (temacs) fails, core in alloc.c
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:07:40 +0100

On 2009-11-09 23:02, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Tools are much more reliable than humans, compilation speed for emacs is
not a big concern anymore, so IMHO lisp.h should be added as a
dependency.

Fine by me,

         Stefan "who uses a `make depend' scheme and hence gets those
                 extra dependencies anyway"

How about detecting if we are using gcc and generate dependencies on the fly while compiling the first time? I see many packages that does so. Would such a change be OK?

        Jan D.