Re: remove support for platforms obsoleted in 23.1

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: remove support for platforms obsoleted in 23.1
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:00:58 -0800 (PST)

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > > etc/NEWS in 23.1 declared some platforms obsolete.
  > > No requests have been received to keep that support.
  > >
  > > Any objection to remove that support now?
  >
  > Let's wait one more version.  No harm, I think.

Removing now might reveal other things that can be obsoleted (it has
done so in the past).   It would be good to be able to obsolete more
things in 23.2.

Reducing the number of variables that are used in the build system
should help, as the build system is held together by band-aid over
band-aid...

Can you please reconsider this?