Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Jason Earl
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:34:03 -0700

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>    3) "I've put something on fencepost in ~schwab/emacs.bzr"
>>       # Andreas Schwab's conversion, but I think one needs login access
>>       # to fencepost to get it?  It doesn't seem to be web-accessible;
>>       # Andreas, is there a URL to reach it by?
>
> sftp://fencepost.gnu.org/~schwab/emacs.bzr
>
>> Anyway, my guess is that (2) is the right thing to test.
>
> It has a lot of strange *.remote and *.tag branches.
>
> Andreas.

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to this thread.

I have just finished uploading good versions of the repository.  If I
had access to fencepost.gnu.org I would check them against what Andreas
has, but I do not think I have access.

In particular I would like to say that any repositories with the word
"jason" in the filename are definitely not good, and if your repository
(that you got from bzr.notengoamigos.org) is older than this email
message then it likewise isn't good.

The repositories can be found at:

http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges.tar.gz

or

http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges.tar.lzma

if you want to shave off 2 megs.

Assuming that Andreas used a version of fastimport that included Max
Bowsher's recent patch then the output should be functionally identical
to my repos.

To be honest, it is probably better to have Andreas run the test
conversions from here on out.  I have been helpful shushing out bugs and
doing the odd bit of testing, but Andreas knows a lot more about this
stuff than I do, and he's already doing the tricky bits in the git
conversion.

As I said before, I certainly do not want to become a bottleneck.

I have just about finished scripting my conversion process and so I will
keep building updated repositories, but if Andreas wants to use the repo
on fencepost to do the final testing then that's probably a good idea.

I have made some changes to my email setup that should hopefully allow
this to arrive safely on emacs-devel, but if not, I would appreciate it
if someone (Karl) could forward it.

Thanks

Jason