Re: completions - remove window after use?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: completions - remove window after use?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:40:09 -0500

On Nov 12, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Lluís wrote:
> 1 4
> 2 5
> 3 5
> ---- page boundary
> 6 9
> 7 10
> 8
>
> Still not sure if this is a good idea, as it would make not much sense when
> user moves in a line-by-line basis through the buffer.

Not a good idea for the reason you've stated.  We don't really have "page
boundaries" as an enforced concept, since a buffer is not a piece of paper.
The only thing that happens is window-wise "paging" with tab, but the buffer
can still be used line by line.  Think of someone scrolling with the mouse
scroll wheel.

> Also, layout should be recalculated when user changes window height...

So, is it worth the effort?

> As for searching, it's "page-wise", so not much problem would arise from
> here.

It introduces more paging.