Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:33:53 -0500

Jason Earl <address@hidden> writes:
> My guess is that Andreas' version of bzr fastimport is not quite new
> enough.  It looks a lot like the branches that I used to get before Max
> Bowsher fixed the problem with tags created via commit commands.
>
> Of course, it is possible that I am simply looking at the wrong branch.
>
> For the record this is what I did:
> bzr co http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/emacs/trunk/ foo
> and compared it with the results of:
> bzr co http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges/trunk/ bar
> The tags in question show up in the notengoamigos.org branch

But the notengoamigos branches had other problems, right?  (E.g., the
*.remote branches.)

It sounds like the best thing would be for Andreas -- if he has time --
to convert again from most recent CVS to Git to Bzr, but this time using
the latest version of bzr fastimport with Max's fixes.  (Jason, if you
have a URL or a specific version number of fastimport or something, that
might help us be sure we've got the right version of the tool.)

Pardon me if that's all stating the obvious.  There are enough
repositories and versions of tools flying around in here that I'm
willing to look like an idiot for the sake of ensuring clarity :-).

I'm keeping http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/EmacsBzrSwitchover
up-to-date with what seems to be the latest+best repository at all
times.  If that page ever looks wrong to you, please let me know, and
please fix it.

-Karl