Re: relative load-file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: relative load-file
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:38:22 -0500

    So what require-relative and load-relative allow one to do is create these
    little independent units without the overhead of using a more elaborate
    packaging systems.

I do not follow your point.  I think I understand what you mean by a
program with subparts.  Can you explain why you think
`require-relative' is particularly helpful for that?

    That's in fact what I have
done<http://github.com/rocky/emacs-load-relative>.
    The only "primitive" needed is Ruby's __FILE__  which is the same thing as
    the C preprocessor  __FILE__.

Why do you think that making it relative to the location of the loading
file is particularly necessary?