Re: Failure in building CVS Emacs [xsettings] and other

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Failure in building CVS Emacs [xsettings] and other
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:55:44 +0100

Now I can build current CVS-head also on K8.04. Thanks.

I haven't any particular configuration, no Xdefault in my home etc...

Both on K804 and K910 I have done GTK builds (./configure)

To summarize these are the results.

K804
====
$ xrdb -query | grep Xft
Xft.antialias:  1
Xft.dpi:        96
Xft.hinting:    1
Xft.hintstyle:  hintfull
Xft.rgba:       none

With 20091114 build, 'Options | Set Default Font' shows Monospace, Regular, 10: the same I see with Konsole.

With current 20091117, 'Options | Set Default Font' shows Sans, Regular, 12: very bad!

If with that option I set Monospace, Regular, 10, the result is *different* from what I see in Konsole or my previous build. And after this, recalling 'Options | Set Default Font' shows always Sans, Regular, 12, i.e. it does not reflect the new choice.

K910
====
Similar results. Only

$ xrdb -query | grep Xft

is empty.

It seems that these new features added to Emacs, after 20091114, make its look a little bad.

Can I build disabling those?

Ciao,
Angelo.