Re: relative load-file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: relative load-file
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:10:31 -0500

    require-relative allows me to load or eval and test any one of the subparts
    without mucking with the load path yet ensure I am getting the right files
    loaded.

I see.  It is for when the program is NOT installed.

But suppose it were enough had to add one parent directory to
load-path, for instance ~/elisp, and you put all your directories of
Lisp programs under that.  Suppose that you specify `foo/bar', and it
would find that under ~/elisp.

Would that be easy and reliable enough?