Re: Defcustoms, how do users find them?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Defcustoms, how do users find them?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:34:24 -0500

> Maybe, I just tried to build on what is there. It turns out that after
> byte compiling the new cus-load.el loads in 0.1 sec on my quite
> old pc.

Great.

> Are there other aspects that makes it worth investigating this more?

Checking memory use of your scheme would be a good idea, yes, because
the main problem I see now is that if you want it to be available for
C-h v and apropos as well, then it'll end up being loaded into memory in
many/most circumstances (e.g. in every one of my Emacs sessions, for
example).  For C-h v I can imagine we can circumvent the problem by
not providing completion for unloaded vars, but for apropos, there's no
shortcut tht I can think of.

        Stefan

PS: BTW, whenever you send code here, if it's a modification of existing
  code, it helps tremendously if you send it as a patch.