Re: CamelHump word movement in Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CamelHump word movement in Emacs
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:22:39 -0500

> I think this feature is generally useful and has nothing to do with C,
> so I propose to rename it (and its commands and the file) to
> `subword-mode' or `camelcase-mode'.

IIRC the same suggestion to make it generic came up right around the
Emacs-23 freeze, which is why it didn't happen.  If someone wants to
make this generic *right now* he'd better hurry.  Otherwise it'll have
to wait for Emacs-24 (or Emacs-23.3 maybe).

> Also, it would be nice to have it as a global minor mode, too.
> Any objections?  If not, I'd volunteer to do that.

IIRC there was a general agreement that it would be a desirable feature.

        Stefan